WELCOME to the O’k Art-part of my CSA offerings!
I’m pleased to share information with you about my Graphic Facilitation and Visual Recording Services. Through the language of lines I create charts, graphs and maps: a form of visual note-taking.
My drawing service provides:
- Exercises for your brain! Which will improve understanding of what you wish to learn/design/implement—connecting verbal to visual material.
- Helps you understand difficult terms/concepts better and filter out un-important details.
- Directs and organizes the flow and relationships of shared discussions, new skills, and lessons you are trying to learn.
- Visual note-taking and recording organizes thoughts, spots trends, illustrates patterns and allows you to see a natural picture of data you need to examine.
Below are samples of wall charts or maps of group discussions I created for the Food and Farm Summit organized by the Michigan Land Use Institute in 2013. This was an exciting and challenging recording adventure for me, designed as a modified version of a “World Cafe” organization model. Folks chose topic-tables to sit at, then with the help of a facilitator/note-taker who worked w. me recording conversations had limited time to brainstorm, then moved to another table/discussion in the “cafe”.
I came into this graphic recording job, with my paper roll, drawing tools and a very little bit of outline/prep shared with me by the designer/facilitator of the day-long event, and with consideration of conversations that included 120 people!
The targeted topics/goals of the 2013 Food and Farm Summit were to:
- Articulate and celebrate successes for farmers in the NW Region and State of Michigan
- Identify gaps in service, coverage, effort
- Create a venue for active participation and a call to action.
- Re-energize or build momentum on specific issues
- Connect with people who can help, advise and fund projects/needs
- Identify “do-able action” and find places “where I can fit in”
Below are 5 of the 12 wall charts/maps that were loosely outlined beforehand, and then drawn in real-time at the event, and colored in after the event. Supplied with a plethora of note-taking and bits of shared ideas/brainstorming coming from each of the 12 tables of attendees, I recorded the ideas shared. You can view all of the charts at the MLUI office, on Front Street, Traverse City, Michigan.
FOR INFORMATION on bringing my drawing services and visual note-taking to your meeting, discussion or conference contact: