Artists have to pay taxes too…well, they don’t have to…but this one does…
Help me prove the nay-sayers wrong–who say things like “Why don’t you get a REAL job?”….or, “It’s been 25 years, and I still don’t understand what you are doing for a living.”….or “You know how the saying goes: Once a starving artist, always a starving artist…”
AArrkkkss…my foolish feeling is that whoever is reading this blog, really needs a piece of o’K useful art….and I have just the item….The Year of Cow calendar—at a special APRIL FOOL two for one price!
So, I’m inviting you to go to my Etsy page….at…
….and contribute to the serious, ridiculous o’K art cause. Thanks!
… and, part of my three month winter hibernation has been immersing myself in that re-invention, re-engineering, re-visiting place of what i’m doing and why and where.
The re-s are really big, including re-pair….this repair manifesto was on another blog called the re-play-ground, and i thought i’d spend a little time in my pre-earth day re-entry time of parade build and permaculture tea-times checking it out.
Up for other re-view, re-engineering and re-wiring:
- my Little Artshram summer-work schedule
- my home-place
- my work-place
- my precious time spent in meetings, meetings, meetings…..
- my non-profit, no-profit bankrupt career
- my true need to make art
- my true need to wander in the woods
- my way of annual and/or perennial gardening
- my energy and intentions of being a mentor and teacher
- my cranky shoulders, numb buttocks and achey back from computer company
I’m in agreement here:
Stop recycling and start repairing.
Well, okay then.